Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Wonderful Indeed: House of Small Wonder

TL;DR:

Loooooooove. Just love this place.

Food: ★★★★★
Ambiance: ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ (too many?)
Staff: ★★★★☆


N 6th St. & Wythe Ave.



I'm simply obsessed with House of Small Wonder. The decor was stunning, the food was good and cheap, and the staff was swift and kind. 

I think above all though, the interior and setup was my favorite part about this Japanese-European fusion hole in the wall — I loved the abundance of greens and plants, and the several little trinkets and decorations that filled up the tiny space.  


Inside, by the espresso bar/kitchen area


Middle seating area



But the food was also great, of course: I had the salumi arugula sandwich on ciabatta, and this simple concoction was super fresh, light and flavorful. My friend ordered their homemade croissant, which was also delicious with just the right amount of sweetness. They also have bigger plates, such as yaki udon, French toast and other Japanese-inspired dishes, which I'll have to try next time.  


Salumi and arugula ($4.50)



Croissant ($2) and drip coffee ($1.50)

The staff was also quick and friendly, which is always appreciated. I think we were in and out of there within 30 to 45 min. Take note that this is a cash-only joint, though. 
 Menu outside

No comments:

Post a Comment