Thursday, April 24, 2014

Quickie: Baohaus

TL;DR: ★★

So this one's a no-brainer. While $4 for a single pork bun may seem expensive, I think it's worth every single penny at Baohaus. The buns are soft and delicate, the pork belly is stupidly juicy and succulent, and the rest of the ingredients are fresh and glorious. There isn't a single flaw about these buns, and I am clearly deeply in love with them (I personally think they're even better than the ones at Momofuku and Ippudo).

Chairman bao: pork belly, peanuts, cilantro, Haus relish, Taiwanese red sugar ($4)

Keep in mind that this place isn't really a sit-down restaurant — no servers. It's in a tiny space with about four seats on a bar along the wall and maybe about 6 more on a separate table. Definitely more of a drop-in-and-go place.

Also keep in mind that the wait can get long. I came here on a Sunday afternoon once, and while it didn't seem too packed, it still took us about 20-30 minutes to get our orders.

Either way, I love me some pork buns, and Baohaus is the place to go for a quick fix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment