Friday, November 29, 2013

DIY: Fudgy Brownies with Chocolate Frosting

Happy Black Friday!

I just got done cleaning up after hosting a "friendsgiving" with my roommate, and I thought I'd share a short DIY for the dessert I made for tonight: chocolate fudge brownies. This is another completely fool-proof method for dense, fudgy, rich brownies, and for the first time ever, I whipped up some chocolate frosting (which coincidentally tasted kind of like brownie batter).

Fudge brownies with chocolate frosting

This recipe is my absolute go-to solution for whenever I need/want to baking something that's easy to share. It's very simple and incredibly hard to mess up, and you can easily make it your own by getting creative with the add-ins. I often make it with chocolate chips, as recommended, but have also tried using dried cranberries, shredded coconut, m&m's, walnuts and now, chocolate frosting — they all came out wonderfully.

As for the frosting, it was my first time making frosting from scratch on my own, so I was a bit weary of how it would turn out, but I was very pleasantly surprised with the result. This is another incredibly simple recipe and tastes much better than the canned stuff.

Chocolate Frosting

1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 milk
3 to 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract

1) Combine cocoa with melted butter. Add milk and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Gradually, mix in powdered sugar until your desired consistency.

*NOTE: This recipe yields a lot of frosting, probably enough to frost a three-layer cake, so be careful you don't end up with way too much left over.

Give these a try the next time you have a potluck to attend or host a dinner party (or for funsies). These were a huge hit at my Thanksgiving dinner ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment